Last Modified: May 2018
- 1. General Information
- 1.1 RowingAdverts is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy
Policy sets out how we, as a Data Controller, collect, use, process and disclose the
personal data (Data) that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, on our
- 2. Information We Collect
- 2.1 We collect Data automatically when you navigate through our Site, as explained in our
service or by emailing us as part of a support request.
- 3. Data Privacy Statement (DPS)
- This section clearly states:
- What Data is stored on each user of the service,
- Where that Data appears
- Who may view/process it.
- 3.1 What User Specific Data Does RowingAdverts Store?
- 3.2 Where can your Data Appear?
- If you specified your email and phone numbers as methods to be contacted by they will be visable to users of the RowingAdverts site.
- Your Name will also appear on any messages sent by you via the RowingAdverts message centre.
- 3.3 Which 3rd Parties views/processes your Data?
- MailChimp is used for Technical and Marketing emails.
- We share your email address with them, so they know where to send the email.
- We share your name with them, so they can personalise the email.
- Google is used of optimisation and personalisation of service.
- See our Cookies Policy for more details.
- 3.4 Who within the RowingAdverts application can view/process your Data?
- Other users of the service can view your email address and phone number provided that you created an advert that specified those details as contact details for you.
- 4. Credit & Payment Card Information
- 4.1 RowingAdverts uses third party payment processors Stripe Payments to process payments made for products and services via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Your credit card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors - RowingAdverts never sees your full Permanent Account Number (PAN). This means that the payment form is either off-site or displayed in a frame on the payment page. Stripe’s TOS are available here
- 5. Special Notification For European Union Residents
- 6. Where We Store Data
- 6.1 RowingAdverts transfers, processes and stores data about you on servers located in a number of countries, for example, where we subcontract processing to, or share your Personal Information with third parties (referred to in section 3) Your Personal Information may therefore be transferred to, processed and stored in a country different from your country of residence.Information collected within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties that are located in a country outside of the EEA and Switzerland. Data that leaves the EEA is still protected under GDPR.
- 7. Security
- 7.1 We are committed to protecting the security of your Data. We use a variety of security
technologies and procedures to help protect your Data from unauthorised access and use. As
effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is
entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we
guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to
us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure that your
privacy is safeguarded at every level of our organisation. We will continue to update
policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site,
you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We ask you not to share your
password with anyone.
- 7.2 Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Data, we will use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
- 8. Use Of Data (UoD)
- 8.1 We use the Data that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To maintain and improve our Website, including personalizing your online experience and ensuring content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- To administer your account;
- Inform you about products and services that we offer and;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Website safe and secure;
- To administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, research, testing, statistical and survey purposes.
- 9. Disclosure Of Information
- 9.1 Business Operations: In order to carry out certain business functions, such as payment
processing or e-mail delivery, we may hire other companies to perform services on our behalf.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect about you to these companies to enable
them to perform these services. By way of example, information relating to your order which
we have combined with other Personal Information (as explained above) may be shared with our
third party service providers that assist us in providing our service.
time. We reserve the right to do so in the following manner:
- For minor changes, such as grammatical fixes, administrative or legal changes, or corrections of inaccurate statements, we will post the changes and, when possible, provide at least three (3) calendar days' prior notice
- In the event of substantial changes, we will notify all users via email at least three (3) calendar days prior to the changes taking effect
- 11. RowingAdverts Contact Details
- 11.1 For general queries or support email: [email protected]
- 11.2 Data Protection Officer email: [email protected]